I participate in "A Year of Projects" which is run by a group over on Ravelry.
I am hoping it will (a) help me be more productive (b) help me finish more projects and (c) help me blog more often... Fingers crossed!
Here is an update on current goals, and progress towards those goals.
General Overall Goals
- finish more projects - Finished a project this weekend!
- start fewer projects - Not working our well since a group I am part of is actually having a cast-on-apalooza!I have already started 4-5 projects since January 1st...
- use more stash yarn - I have been using stash and/or inventory yarn as much as possible, so that's good!
- buy less new yarn - Not so good since two projects I really wanted to work on both required worsted weight yarn which I did not have so I did have to buy some this week.
- sell or donate stash yarn I no longer have any interest in - Before Christmas I actually gave my sister a few big bags of yarn I no longer will use. I am sure both her and my mom will receive more from me in the future. I also did manage to sell off some of the higher end stash I knew I was never going to get around to using, so yay!
- add stash I plan on keeping to Ravelry for easier tracking - So far just entering what I buy as it comes in. Still need to find time to do back stash.
- organize stash room - Not going to happen any time soon. just discovered several leaks in the roof so just bundling everything up safely until we can get it repaired/replaced.
- sell some of my finished items - I now how finished items as well as hand-dyed yarn listed on Etsy. I have sold some yarn, but none of the finished items yet. Hopefully soon! It will help pay for the new roof!
- double knitting - Going to hopefully cast on a DK GAL square tonight!
- toe up socks
- more complicated lacework
- clothing items
Specific Project Goals
I have created a project page on Ravelry called Knit The Bin where I am collecting WIPs that I want to finish that were started before the beginning of 2015.
2015 Advent KALendar Shawl(completed 01/09/16)
- The Doodler Shawl
- Meander Cardigan
- Wintersweet Shawl
- Spellbound Shawl
- Mara Shawl
- Hello Sweetie Spoilers Socks
- 50 Shades of Awesome
Projects Started in 2016 I Want To Complete This Year
- A Wrinkle In Time Shawl
- Nemesis Shawl
- Opal Shawl
- GAL 2016 Video Game Themed Blanket
- Scoreboard Scarf A
I have many other WIPs and I cannot list them all. I will add more as I dig them out and actually touch them again to make sure they are real... As you can see I have a real starting problem...actually it's not starting that's the problem...it's finishing!
Picture of the finished Advent KALendar shawl. I still need to soak it and block it, but it's lovely!
And here is the yarn I bought this week. To be fair...I had not visited my LYS in almost a year, so of course I had to stock up a wee bit!
Just some of the yarn "donated" to my loving sister...