Welcome to week #2 of a year of projects! I am pretty excited with my progress this week!
First off, I finished a project that had been languishing in my WIP pile since September 2013. And I don't even know why I was putting it off! It was a breeze to finish. I completed the second armwarmer of the pair in about 4 hours while re-watching Doctor Who! Awesome right?
I also finished the first sock of the pair I am working on for my Nerd Wars Dissertation project. This means I have made the 50% check-in period with time to spare! And doesn't it look stunning?
My son loved it so much he asked me to make a pair of socks for him. Since one of my goals s to use up some stash yarn, and I want to do this Canadian Designer KAL, we agreed to make the Vinovia Socks in the Schachenmayr Regia Ffluormania Color since I had 6 skeins in my stash. My son chose the Neon Ocean colourway. This should be fun!
- I finished one project (Simple Armwarmers from my list)
- I did not start any new projects (but plan on starting the boy's socks soon)
- I did not use stash yarn (but again, plan on doing so with the boy's socks)
- I did sort of buy new yarn as I placed a custom order for T12's dissertation
- I took some of my unloved yarn to my mother's house this weekend and placed still more in a charity donation pile
- I added some stash to Ravelry, mostly the Fluromania (6 balls) as mentioned above
- I did not get any work done on my stash room, but the hubby and I worked on the other half of the basement now that the sister is gone (it is not a pantry/library/work space)
Specific Project Goals
- My Nerd Wars T11 Dissertation project - show off stranded socks
(50% completed July 13, 2014)
- New Life Building Blocks Baby Blanket
(50% completed block 6 of 25 July 13, 2014)
- The second Simple Armwarmer
(Completed July 5th 2014)
- The West Linton Cowl
(25% completed July 13, 2014)
- Smock Coat
(This is my travel knitting project right now, did a few rows this weekend)