Monday, July 21, 2014

[YOP] Year of Projects - Year 4 - Week 3


Welcome to week #3 of a year of projects!

I did a lot of knitting this week, but not a whole lot of finishing. We had a family emergency Thursday afternoon and had to rush out of town and didn't return until very late Friday. We then went back out of town Saturday to check in and make sure everything was OK. I took some mindless seed stitch knitting with me so I at least had something to do.


I did manage to cast on my second sock this week and at least complete the ribbed cuff and the first repeat of the pattern.

I also managed to whip up the matching Simple Hat to go with last week's Simple Armwarmers. Sadly it didn't fit me very well. I will have to add at least two more inches before the decreases if I am going to make this one again for myself. It fit the hubby pretty well though. (Don't tell him I shared this picture with you all...)

 

On Friday I won a pattern (#163 Cable Love Cowl Neck Poncho) from SweaterBabe. This obviously required a visit to my favourite LYS, Amercio, to pick out the right yarn for the job. I settled on one of my top picks, their fabulous Cadena Alpaquita in a lovely natural cream colour. While I was out of town dealing with the family emergency I visited one of their LYS and picked up some nice ChiaoGoo needles in the correct sizes. I almost succumbed to picking up their whole interchangeable set! But was strong...at least for now...


My new favourite Knitter's Pride Karbonz DPN needles set was waiting on my desk this morning, which will make my son happy because now I can start his Vinovia Socks I mentioned last week.



In summary:
  • I finished one project (Simple Hat from my list)
  • I did start a new project (Added to my list)
  • I did not use stash yarn (Plan on doing so with the boy's socks)
  • I did buy new yarn (1 skein to gauge swatch new project)
Specific Project Goals

9 comments:

  1. That Cadena Alpaquita looks chain plied - I'll be interested to hear how it knits up and what you think of it.

    Good for you for the willpower to resist interchangeables, I just hope you don't regret not buying them. I was out of town a couple of weeks ago and needed to pick up a set of needles. I love the new needles so much that I'm kicking myself for not picking up another set in the next size up!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is chain plied and I am a huge fan of that type of yarn for some reason. I have a simple cardi I have almost finished (just need to do the sleeves) in the same yarn but a darker gray. Maybe I can post of that up next week.

      I already have two sets of Addi interchangeables (regular and lace) so though another set might push my hubby's buttons...lol. Maybe another time (when he is not with me...).

      Delete
  2. I hope you and your family are all ok. The hat looks great and I can't wait to see the next pair of socks!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We are all fine now thanks. The SIL had to have a minor surgery but she is home safe and sound relaxing now.

      Delete
  3. oh... what a week! I hope all is well now. Love the sneaky pic of your hubby, he looks very pleased with his hat!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I just had to share it because I loved his smile in that picture. Of course he doesn't agree with me though...lol.

      Delete
  4. I am impressed that you got as much done as you did with all the traveling you had to do for the family. Glad everything is ok now. You are making great progress on your list too.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hope all is well now and you really got a lot done what with an emergency mid week. Well done on getting another finish in and on resisting the urge to buy the interchangeables, I've been looking at some and so far have resisted also ;)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I hope everything is now okay worth the ohana. Family emergencies are never fun. It's great that you got some knitting in. That is a fun poncho pattern you won. The yarn you bought is an interesting mix of alpaca and cotton. I haven't used that content before.

    ReplyDelete